Skip to main content

​3 Year Old Tech Blog Stagnant High CTR (11.8%) but Extremely Low Impressions. Need Advice on Growth.

I have been running a tech-focused blog (smartphone specs, reviews, comparisons) for about 3 years now. Despite consistent efforts, my traffic has hit a plateau and is now showing a slight decline. ​The Data (Google Search Console): ​Total Clicks: 616 ​Total Impressions: 5.23K (over the tracked period) ​Average CTR: 11.8% ​Average Position: 43 ​Platform: WordPress (using a lightweight affiliate-focused theme) ​The Problem: My CTR is quite healthy at nearly 12%, which suggests my titles and meta descriptions are engaging. However, the total impressions are extremely low for a 3-year-old site in the tech niche. Looking at the graph, there was a significant spike around mid-2025, but it has since flattened out significantly. ​What I've Done So Far: ​Focusing on original, human-friendly reviews based on hands-on experience. ​Optimizing for SEO (Yoast) and focusing on high-CPC tech keywords. ​Sharing links on platforms like Reddit to drive referral traffic. ​Keeping the site lightweight for speed. ​My Questions for the Community: ​Low Impressions: Why are my impressions so low after 3 years? Is it a keyword difficulty issue or a lack of topical authority? ​The Drop: How can I identify if a specific Google Algorithm update (like HCU) hit my site during that mid-2025 period? ​Content Strategy: In a saturated tech niche, how can a small publisher compete with giants? Should I pivot to more "long-tail" local keywords or stick to global tech trends? ​Technical Check: Does an average position of 43 indicate a sitewide authority problem? ​I’m attaching a screenshot of my Search Console for reference. Any insights or "brutally honest" feedback would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/Early_Resolution_987
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://ift.tt/P8ObADn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local seo vs. natiowide seo?

I've done SEO for local businesses but I recently got my first client that sells an item nation wide. ​ Any suggestions for doing nationwide SEO? ​ I am used to making geopages for local towns. I was going to do the same with some input from the client about what cities or towns he would like to show up in? submitted by /u/Letmeinterviewyou [link] [comments] from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News http://bit.ly/2JHy0k0

Copying articles from Google Docs To Wordpress - Bottleneck

My writer sends me content in Google docs and images separately. Uploading them to Wordpress is a pain because I have to download everything individually and upload them one by one. A simple copy paste works for the most part but the main issue is - I want to give my images SEO friendly file names and copying them from docs names then 'image 1' , 'image 2', and so on in Wordpress. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would be forever grateful as it would save me a lot of time in uploading content. submitted by /u/Eastern-Individual64 [link] [comments] from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://ift.tt/KiTmF28