Skip to main content

Finally started seeing some movement in Google after months of basically nothing

I’ve been working on a relatively new website, and honestly, SEO has probably been the most confusing part of the whole thing.

I was writing content, fixing pages, changing titles and descriptions, and doing all the usual things people recommend. But for a while, it felt like I was doing all of that for absolutely nothing. Google had indexed some of my pages, but they were barely getting impressions, never mind clicks.

I knew backlinks were probably part of the problem because my website basically had none. The annoying thing is that everyone tells you to “build quality backlinks,” but nobody really explains how a small website is supposed to do that without already having an audience or spending half the day sending emails that nobody answers.

I tried some manual outreach, but it was painfully slow. Most people didn’t reply, and some wanted more money for one link than I was comfortable spending. Maybe outreach works well once you know exactly what you’re doing, but as a beginner, it felt like shouting into the void.

Eventually, I tried CocoBacklinks. I didn’t really know what to expect. To be completely honest, I was half expecting to pay for it, see a few random links appear and then notice absolutely no difference.

At first, nothing dramatic happened. I kept checking Google Search Console like an idiot, expecting everything to suddenly jump overnight. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

However, after some time, I started seeing more referring domains, and the website slowly began getting more impressions. A few pages that had previously been doing basically nothing started showing up for more search terms. I’m still not getting some insane amount of organic traffic, but at least the graph is finally moving in the right direction.

Can I say with 100% certainty that cocoBacklinks caused all of it? No. I was also improving the website, publishing content and fixing some technical issues at the same time. SEO is frustrating because it’s difficult to know exactly which change caused which result.

Still, the timing makes me think the backlinks helped. Before building them, the site felt almost invisible. Afterward, Google seemed to start paying more attention to it. That doesn’t mean the backlinks magically ranked every page or that I can stop working on the site now. It just gave me some initial movement after being stuck for a long time.

The main benefit for me was saving time. I’m running the website mostly by myself, so I can’t spend hours every day finding websites, looking for contact details and sending outreach emails. Having another way to build the initial backlink profile allowed me to focus more on the actual website.

I’m sharing this mainly because I know there are probably other people here stuck in the same position—publishing content, checking Search Console constantly and wondering why Google seems to be ignoring them.

I’m still testing everything, so I’ll see what happens over the next few months. I definitely wouldn’t say backlinks are some magic solution, but in my case, they seem to have helped the site finally get a bit of visibility.

Has anyone else tried Coco Backlinks or another similar service? I’d be interested to know whether you continued seeing improvements or if the results eventually levelled off.

submitted by /u/DarMazas
[link] [comments]

from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/LdCklpU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local seo vs. natiowide seo?

I've done SEO for local businesses but I recently got my first client that sells an item nation wide. ​ Any suggestions for doing nationwide SEO? ​ I am used to making geopages for local towns. I was going to do the same with some input from the client about what cities or towns he would like to show up in? submitted by /u/Letmeinterviewyou [link] [comments] from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News http://bit.ly/2JHy0k0

Clients site has a weird issue with 302 redirects that I haven't seen before.

Site is in Drupal, hosted on Amazon CDN & Cloudflare. So here's a quick breakdown: The site itself works normally. It's a bit dated, but you can click on links and navigate around as you'd expect. Seeing no obvious issues, I run a Screaming Frog crawl to begin my audit. Only 5 pages were picked up by the crawl which was super weird, since all internal links are regular html and there shouldn't be any issues. So I go through the site and manually collect a bunch of URLs, which I submit to SF again as a list. Every single link bar the 5 originally crawled return a 302, with the 'redirect' pointing back to the home page. Except as I said, those pages don't browser redirect. Browser side, they work fine. I guess they redirect the crawl bot though, since the rest of the site is functionally invisible. Other tools I've looked at say that the pages return simultaneous 302 and 200s, which doesn't make too much sense. These 302s are also old enough ...