Skip to main content

Low traffic, zero niche recognition in YMYL (finance/insurance), and near-zero AdSense impressions (Blocksy + Autoptimize setup)

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with a multi-layered issue on my site oraultima.com and could really use some expert advice. My site focuses on a strict niche: insurance, mortgages, and banking (YMYL).

Here is my current setup and situation:

  • Platform: WordPress with Classic Editor (no heavy page builders).
  • Theme: Blocksy.
  • Plugins/Setup: I use WPCode to inject the global AdSense script in the header.
  • Status: No manual actions, no security issues, and clean green status in Google Search Console. The ads.txt file is properly configured and authorized.

My Auto Ads configuration in AdSense:

  • Overlay formats: Only "Anchor ads" are enabled (set to Bottom only). Vignettes and Side-rail ads are turned off.
  • In-page formats: "Banner ads" are enabled (with max ads per page set to 6, and options like "Find other ad placements on article pages" and "Optimize existing ads" checked).

What I've already done regarding Autoptimize: I've fine-tuned Autoptimize to prevent script conflicts with AdSense:

  1. JavaScript: Disabled "Aggregate JS" to stop Autoptimize from merging or delaying Google scripts. Added strict exclusions: /adsbygoogle/, /pagead/, /doubleclick/, google_service_ad.js, show_ads.js, pagead2.googlesyndication.com, adsbygoogle, pagead/js.
  2. CSS & HTML: Standard CSS/HTML optimizations are active (aggregation and inline CSS), which don't interfere with ads.
  3. Image Lazy-load: Active, but excluded adsbygoogle, googlesyndication, wp-post-image, and logo.webp.
  4. Extra options: Kept only safe options (remove emojis, query strings, combine Google Fonts), avoiding preconnect, preload, or async JS to prevent conflicts.

Despite all this, I am facing three massive roadblocks:

  1. AdSense Impressions / Coverage is broken: Even though I get page views, AdSense impressions are practically at zero or single digits (coverage is around 12%). Specifically, in recent articles the in-page banner ads do not show up at all—users only see the single bottom anchor ad. Do any of you experience this behavior with Auto Ads?
  2. Google won't recognize my true niche: I am trying to rank for banking, insurance, and mortgages, but Google completely ignores my site for these keywords. According to my Search Console data, Google only sends me impressions and clicks for unrelated public employment queries (like "arretrati contratto medici 2026" or "ultimissime contratto medici 2026"). Surely a few sporadic posts about public contracts shouldn't dictate my entire site's niche or block me from ranking in finance. My traffic has dropped, and Google treats the site like it has no authority in the YMYL space.
  3. Low overall traffic: Because of the lack of visibility in my core niche, traffic remains very low.

My questions to the community:

  • Could the Blocksy theme be conflicting with Google Auto Ads (preventing in-page banners from rendering while only showing the anchor ad)? Should I switch to manual ad units?
  • How can I signal to Google that Ora Ultima is dedicated to finance/insurance when Google keeps pigeonholing me into unrelated topics (like public contracts) and ignoring my core YMYL content?
  • Any advice on recovering traffic and fixing this abysmal ad delivery?

Thanks a lot in advance for any insights!

submitted by /u/Ora-Ultima2024
[link] [comments]

from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/JN9fwia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local seo vs. natiowide seo?

I've done SEO for local businesses but I recently got my first client that sells an item nation wide. ​ Any suggestions for doing nationwide SEO? ​ I am used to making geopages for local towns. I was going to do the same with some input from the client about what cities or towns he would like to show up in? submitted by /u/Letmeinterviewyou [link] [comments] from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News http://bit.ly/2JHy0k0

Clients site has a weird issue with 302 redirects that I haven't seen before.

Site is in Drupal, hosted on Amazon CDN & Cloudflare. So here's a quick breakdown: The site itself works normally. It's a bit dated, but you can click on links and navigate around as you'd expect. Seeing no obvious issues, I run a Screaming Frog crawl to begin my audit. Only 5 pages were picked up by the crawl which was super weird, since all internal links are regular html and there shouldn't be any issues. So I go through the site and manually collect a bunch of URLs, which I submit to SF again as a list. Every single link bar the 5 originally crawled return a 302, with the 'redirect' pointing back to the home page. Except as I said, those pages don't browser redirect. Browser side, they work fine. I guess they redirect the crawl bot though, since the rest of the site is functionally invisible. Other tools I've looked at say that the pages return simultaneous 302 and 200s, which doesn't make too much sense. These 302s are also old enough ...