Sudden click collapse (impressions stable) starting exact date, no manual action/security issue — what am I missing?
Site: kuwaitcalculator.com free Kuwait-expat resource site, 65 pages indexed, been growing steadily since May.
The pattern: Clicks dropped sharply starting Aug 2, while impressions stayed relatively intact. E.g. one query went from real clicks to 0 clicks / 787 impressions overnight. Multiple queries show the same shape still getting impressions at similar positions, but CTR collapsed to near-zero across a big chunk of them.
as soon as adsense was approved , all went down , am i doing somehing wrong ?
What I've ruled out so far:
Security Issues: clean
Manual Actions: clean
Core Web Vitals: not enough data either way
Actual live search results: pulled a few queries manually, site shows up normally, no weird snippet, no warning badge
Page indexing report shows 65 indexed 77 not-indexed, with the not-indexed pages mostly falling under "Page with redirect" (old .html URLs 301'ing to clean URLs expected behavior, not an error) and a handful of genuine stale 404s
Live-tested a handful of the redirects directly all working correctly (200 after redirect, correct canonical tags)
What doesn't add up: I made some redirect/content fixes on Aug 5, but the click drop started Aug 2 three days earlier, so it predates any site changes I'm aware of. I started a GSC validation for the redirect report today just in case, but I don't think that's actually the cause given the timing.
Anyone seen a pattern like this impressions holding, clicks cratering, no policy/security flags that wasn't a manual action or an obvious technical fault? Trying to figure out if this is a ranking position within-SERP thing (lost a rich result / featured snippet?), a seasonal query mix shift, or something else I haven't thought to check.
[link] [comments]
from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/QvpqhUS
Comments
Post a Comment