Hi :)
I have somewhat limited time to work on my site (15-20 hours a week) and I'm wondering what allocation of my time would be most produtive and at what stage.
For context I'm building a website about PC components. Each component category gets its own hub and then I also do comparison pages for the matchups that has the most search demand.
I have quite a lot of data on all the components, both to ensure the pages are not thin. As a minimum I cover all the same specs as all competitors and also use dataforseo to see what the intent of the users are to cover their questions. I also handle prices from multiple retailers as well and need to line up all their data as well
This is quite time consuming, but I can do coverage faster and faster as I get reuseable components, better data sources and fill out globally unique product id's and such.
So currently I'm up to having about 1200 pages indexed in about 2.5 months, and have basically 100% of pages indexed besides a few end of life components that have no search demand and I have no prices on. When I push new pages they all get indexed in a day, so I think Google is hungry for my content and I don't feel I'm close to any kind of page limit even though my authority is low.
In the 2.5 months I've gone from 0 clicks to about 130 clicks a day with a record 177 clicks 2 days ago, and I'm hovering at about 20k impressions a day now. As you can see, that means the CTR is quite low, which is expected from the low authority. I have about 5 organic backlinks and thats it.
So far I have covered 3 out of 8 component.
My question is if I should ignore backlinks for now, continue the full 8/8 coverage rollout? Would get the site to about 5k-10k pages I think, increase impressions even more but even lower CTR, but with lots of potential for a much wanted hockey stick effect once I get authority going and all pages raise in rankings, or is it better for coverage and authority to go hand in hand at the same time? As a sidenote, getting to 8/8 components would not mean the site is finished, I have a huge backlog of things and features to add and also international expantion in the backlog.
And to that extent, have any of you gained good organic backlinks from building in public? Alternatively I should gather valuable data or insights and try to pitch that through cold outreach instead.
Happy to answer more questions if needed :)
[link] [comments]
from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/3JALXWG
Comments
Post a Comment