I recently joined a company as an SEO person, and I’m trying to understand whether the expectations I’ve been given are pretty standard or a bit ambitious. I don’t want to mention the company or too many specifics for obvious reasons 😭
A big part of my role is currently focused on link building, where I’m expected to build around 10–15 backlinks a week, along with roughly 2–3 third-party listicle placements. In my previous role, I had monthly targets, so moving to weekly targets has been a bit of an adjustment.
The thing is, link building isn’t the only thing I’m expected to work on. I’m also supposed to contribute to on-page SEO and do some cold outreach for sales, alongside the regular SEO work.
For people who work in-house or at agencies, does this sound like a normal workload for one SEO person? How do you usually balance link building with on-page SEO and other responsibilities?
I’m still relatively early in my SEO career, so I’d genuinely appreciate some perspective. I’m mostly trying to understand whether I need to get better at managing my time, or whether the expectations themselves are unusually high
[link] [comments]
from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/9MgP1mw
Comments
Post a Comment