I recently secured an SEO role in a large company that has thousands of products for hire, pivoting from my history as a senior marketeer. I understand SEO best practice, and have been someone who looks after the relationship between marketing and SEO. I've looked at GA4 and GSC before, read SEO reports, written optimised blogs. I understand keywords, and competitor analysis, and photography best practice.
However, I have never done this entirely on my own.
This new role would put me solely in charge of SEO as the company tries to move from working with an external SEO company, to doing it internally. They're also interested in GEO, which from my (limited) understanding is heavily focused on structuring content to be understandable for AI. I know I've got a bit of a learning curve here.
The more I (over)think it, the more I feel like I might be in over my head! I know I'm smart, and a quick learner, I'm adaptable, write pretty solid content, and I have the technical skills to fill any gaps I'm missing. I also want to learn and be successful, especially in my first few months at the role. My colleagues are someone solely focused on marketing, and a web developer. I know the boss wants to see results, but I want to set myself up for success in this role. I know I won't know everything on day one, and that I am a generally intelligent and competent worker. I'm just . . . shy/nervous, and desperate to do a good job on this, I'd really like to make it my career, and I'm excited for a more technical role.
Is there any advice you could give me? How would you approach this in the first few weeks? If you were starting out in SEO, what do you wish you had done differently? Is there anything obvious you think I should know?
If you've taken the time to read this, thank you very much.
[link] [comments]
from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/rztGwKx
Comments
Post a Comment