Skip to main content

Small business wrong expectations?

Posting for my partner who owns a small physio company.
For the past 2 years he had an SEO guy who didn’t really seem to be doing much, switched to a new guy 7 months ago and is paying him £420 a month.

In this time there hasn’t been improvement in website visits, bookings, visibility etc. which isn’t a huge issue right now as the business is relatively busy and steady, but the goal is to grow.
The SEO guy’s point is ‘well it’s not getting worse’.

We want to know if this is good enough for £420 a month, or what should the actual expectations be?
My partner tends to just leave people to do their thing, so it’s always hard to tell if he’s being conned or not.

If he was to find somebody new, should he have clearer goals eg. I want to increase website visits by X amount in X time, and if this is reasonable how do we evaluate what’s fair based on our limited knowledge of SEO?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/halfajob
[link] [comments]

from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/MxTf4Bb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local seo vs. natiowide seo?

I've done SEO for local businesses but I recently got my first client that sells an item nation wide. ​ Any suggestions for doing nationwide SEO? ​ I am used to making geopages for local towns. I was going to do the same with some input from the client about what cities or towns he would like to show up in? submitted by /u/Letmeinterviewyou [link] [comments] from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News http://bit.ly/2JHy0k0

Clients site has a weird issue with 302 redirects that I haven't seen before.

Site is in Drupal, hosted on Amazon CDN & Cloudflare. So here's a quick breakdown: The site itself works normally. It's a bit dated, but you can click on links and navigate around as you'd expect. Seeing no obvious issues, I run a Screaming Frog crawl to begin my audit. Only 5 pages were picked up by the crawl which was super weird, since all internal links are regular html and there shouldn't be any issues. So I go through the site and manually collect a bunch of URLs, which I submit to SF again as a list. Every single link bar the 5 originally crawled return a 302, with the 'redirect' pointing back to the home page. Except as I said, those pages don't browser redirect. Browser side, they work fine. I guess they redirect the crawl bot though, since the rest of the site is functionally invisible. Other tools I've looked at say that the pages return simultaneous 302 and 200s, which doesn't make too much sense. These 302s are also old enough ...