I manage a legitimate hidden-address service-area business in a midsized U.S. metro.
A local competitor provides a very similar service, but we are separate businesses with different names, phone numbers, websites, categories, and Google place records.
DataForSEO’s Google Maps results return the exact same latitude and longitude for both profiles, matching to six decimal places. A third hidden-address service-area business in the same market returns a different coordinate, so this does not appear to be a standard city or service-area center point.
Neither business is known to operate from the property connected to the shared coordinate. Both profiles were created around the same general period and were later converted to hidden-address service-area businesses. There may have been some historical address overlap, but that part is not confirmed.
I also ran 12 controlled local searches. The competitor appeared repeatedly, while my business was absent from the first 20 results in every test. I understand this does not prove that the coordinate is causing the visibility difference.
Google Business Profile Support gave me only a generic automated response, so I am trying to understand whether this pattern has happened to anyone else.
Questions:
- Have you seen two separate service-area profiles receive the exact same coordinates?
- Did it turn out to be a stale location anchor, duplicate or merge history, geocoding error, local filtering, or merely a third-party reporting artifact?
- Was Google Support or a Product Expert able to correct it?
- What evidence helped get the issue escalated?
I am intentionally withholding the business names, exact coordinates, city, Maps links, and support case number for privacy. I am not looking for ranking tricks or asking anyone to report the competitor. I am trying to determine whether the underlying location record may be wrong.
[link] [comments]
from The SEO Authority https://ift.tt/MDe7pPm
Comments
Post a Comment